Disclaimer

The contents of this web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

New Address!


I wanted to share my address in case anyone wants to mail me anything while I am in training (HINT:  I would love to receive something!!).   It is:

Danielle Garica, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz, Casilla 17-08-8624
Quito, Ecuador

Here are a few rules about mailing things:
1.      Don’t send anything over 2 kg, or 4.4 lbs.  If you do, I have to go pick it up at customs in Quito and it can be really expensive to store things there.
2.       Declare zero value on everything you send, or at most a few dollars.
3.       They say don’t send food, but other volunteers in Ecuador say it’s usually not a problem- just nothing fresh and nothing that will melt!
4.      Business sized and padded envelopes are best, and usually don’t get held up in customs.  Letters generally take about 2 weeks to arrive from the US.

Things I would love to get:
1.       Letters
2.       Pictures
3.       A deck of cards or other small games
4.       Some markers or colored pencils
5.       Orbit sweet mint gum! Gum (and all American candy) is expensive here!

No comments:

Post a Comment